93 Cumberland Street
The Light House
653 Dolores Street
The Light House - Coming Soon! 651 Dolores!
This incredible building consists of four amazing and truly stunning units of a remarkable scale, at over 5,000 sq. ft. each, unlike anything available in today’s real estate market. These are the perfect homes for the discerning, cosmopolitan buyer who seeks to have privacy, a magnificent luxury home and immediate access to the best of world-class San Francisco.
SOLD: Price: $6,149,000
653 Dolores Street ~ 8 rooms/3+ bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms & 1+ car independent parking - this unit faces south and is filled with light. It also looks out into the building's lovely private park for added privacy.
SOLD: Price: $6,100,000
Reserved for ownership by developer – Not available for sale.
651 Dolores Features ~
- Custom built, three level townhome with its own address
- This amazing unit has an 8 room, flexible floor plan with 3+ bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms and a private entrance off Cumberland as well as a grand entrance with Copper clad door from Dolores. There are many unique, original features that have been preserved and in some cases repurposed from the original building.
- The entrance to this amazing home is understated and private, entering into the structure from Cumberland Street. There is a small foyer and beautiful, original fir staircase leading up to the main level or down to the lower level.
- Off the first landing one walks through a small club room and into the breathtaking open great room with its soaring 30 foot ceilings. The room spans across the entire width of the building with enormous, custom rebuilt teak windows looking out into the trees of Cumberland, and on the other side, south into the building's private park. The kitchen is centered in the room below the original carved wooden screen that once hid the church's pipe organ.
- The Chef’s Kitchen kitchen features Polylac-encased (a new European scratch-resistant material containing recycled glass) custom cabinetry and has high-end Miele stainless steel appliances and honed granite counters.
- A separate island/counter was designed and built by the seller on a custom steel structure that is moveable and using orginal building timber for the surface.
- Juno LED track lighting featuring custom-designed track system made of recycled timber and suspension steel cables in the living/great room.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting throughout the entire townhome.
- French-made LeGrange Adorne lighting controls components throughout.
- Bathrooms feature original exposed brick walls or concrete buttress, historic see-through ceiling skylights, grey limestone slabs/tiles/counters, with custom-polished river-stone, granite or black glass sinks.
- The Master bedroom has 18 foot ceilings and an exposed brick wall and looks out south into the private park. The Master closet is also 18 feet high and has a ladder to access the upper levels.
- The Master bathroom features custom-made limestone Roman tub and a separate glass-clad walk-in shower.
- The second bedroom on the upper level has two rooms, exposed brick, a large skylight and partial views of Downtown.
- The third bedroom is on the main living level and features more exposed brick, high ceilings and a quiet view to the south into the private park. There is a dedicated full bath as well as another half bath on this level.
- The first room on the ground floor can be used as one huge bedroom or divided into multiple bedrooms or other uses.
- There is also a very spacious laundry room, with washer dryer, which could double as a work out area or have other uses.
- The ground floor also features a full bath with open shower and gstunning black, glass sink.
- The first and second floors feature custom stained cement floors. The halls, stairs and upper bedrooms feature original fir floors
- There are ample closets and storage rooms within the townhome.
- Amazing arched alcove windows with original art-glass finishes.
- Reuse of almost every architectural element; doors, windows, lumber, etc..
- Exposed structural steel throughout
- Shared Zen garden, featuring seating benches, organic vegetable garden, custom-designed sculptures, brick paving (recycled from building), birdhouses (made from recycled vent piping found in building), and new landscaping.
- There is a large deeded parking space (possibly big enough for two smaller cars in tandem) and ample bicycle parking in the garage with 12-foot high ceilings. Potential for electric vehicle charging station within parking area. Direct access from garage into each unit.
- Located in historic and highly desirable Dolores Heights/Mission Dolores, directly across from the magnificent and recently renovated amenities of Dolores Park.
- Property is within one of the culinary epicenters of the City.
- It is an easy walk to half a dozen different distinct neighborhoods from the Mission to the Castro, Upper Market, Noe Valley and more.
Structural and Architectural Notes ~
- Building was originally built with large concrete foundations and a steel-frame super structure (using original Carnegie steel), with brick surrounding walls, concrete buttresses, and timber floor and roof diaphragms (all old-growth timber, the main floor made of real 2"x16” joists)... classic quality!
- Major seismic retrofit based on current engineering codes (plans available for viewing). The seismic retrofit included roof/floors anchoring to the exterior walls, all roof/floor diaphragm reinforcement with structural steel/wood, 42-feet deep micro-piles (using German SAS Stressteel specialty rolled-steel rods), and 8 lines of 45-feet tall steel frames, amongst other elements.
- Townhomes are equipped with substantial double-wall soundproofing and thermal insulation feature (double 2x8 walls with 2-inch air gap, filled with sound and thermal insulation, with two layers of drywall on each side).
- Custom-engineered high-capacity invisible recirculating fan to keep uniform temperature for the 30-foot main living and master loft areas, as well as extra thermal insulation between each of four floors within unit itself, maintaining comfortable temperature at each separate level.
- Many original and historic architectural features, such as original exposed steel/brick/concrete/timber elements, two 15-foot tall arched original stained-glass windows (fitted with central mahogany operable panels), wainscoting, light fixtures, arched plaster ceilings, original building timber paneling and historic window within living room walls, original ceiling skylights, double-sash windows and doors, etc.
- Structural Design - Siamak Akhavan and HCSE Structural Engineers
- Architectural Design - Siamak Akhavan and Modyfier
- Staging - Arthur McLauglin and Team - Thanks you did an amazing job!
Showings by private appointment only with listing agents. Continue to visit web-site to monitor our progress and contact us with questions. Direct Line 415.321.4329